How it Works
Download, install and run McAfee to protect your PC now.
McAfee Internet Security uses award–winning technology that includes anti–virus, anti–spyware, anti–spam, anti–phishing, two–way firewall, Web site safety ratings, identity protection and parental controls. With continuous and automatic updates, McAfee ensures that you are protected against ever–evolving threats on the Internet.
- McAfee Active Protection™ technology instantly analyzes and blocks new and emerging threats in milliseconds, so there’s virtually no gap in your protection. Unlike the competition, threats are analyzed and blocked in milliseconds, so you don’t have to wait for regular updates to arrive.
- PC Tune-up–Safely removes junk files that slow your PC and take up space on your hard drive.
- Malicious Ad Protection–Block cybercrime networks and their malicious ads and hidden iFrame code from loading and infecting your PC.
- Real-time Antimalware–Block threats like viruses, Trojans, and spyware in your files, email, and web downloads using instant risk assessments through the cloud.
- Safe Socializing, Searching, and Shopping–Click with confidence because you know which sites are safe.
- Digital Data Shredder–Destroy sensitive data and erase cookies, memory, cache, browser history, and more.
- Anti-bot Protection–Block contact with criminals’ computers based on the very latest research and reputation.
- Parental controls allow you to limit where and when your kids go online.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- 800x600 or higher screen resolution.
- 1 GB RAM
- 300 MB available hard drive space.
- Minimum 1 GHz processor.
- Internet connection.
- Support Browsers: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or higher or Google Chrome.
- One PC per purchase
*To avoid being charged the recurring subscription fee, simply cancel before the free-trial period ends.
- Only 20% of US residents do not have comprehensive security software installed on any device they own.
- In 2012, approximately 35 million pieces of new malware appeared, which is over 95,000 new threats every day, which is more than one new threat every second.
- Malware continues to grow every year: Quarter 1, 2013 saw the highest levels of new malware recorded.
- Password stealing samples hit record highs in Quarter 1, 2013, commonly used to clean out users’ bank accounts through "phishing."
- A new threat called ransomware, in which malware takes over the user’s device and holds it hostage for payment, increased steadily in 2012 and continues increasing in 2013.
More from AOL
AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is a smart, simple way to help keep your PC optimized and secure- fixes common PC issues, removes junk that slows you down and much more.
Learn more about AOL Computer Checkup
ID Vault provides complete protection for your online accounts, helping to prevent identity theft and fraud, storing your online passwords and locking out ID thieves.
Learn more about ID Vault